Friday, March 11, 2011

weekly inspiration

       
 

It's obviously no secret that I am more of a casual dresser than someone who dons sky-high platforms to the grocery store (though I am completely jealous of those people.) The combination of being in college and hating drawing attention to myself do not make for someone who's willing to deviate too much from the normal wear. So, the looks I normally draw inspiration from are cute and casual. These looks aren't all from this week, but they're what I've been looking at lately to get me through the last dregs of winter.
 
1. Jennifhsieh - How great is Jen's skirt? This is what I look like most of the time- simple shirt, skirt, and cardigan. I just need that long brown belt!
 
2. the other emily - I loved all of Emily's (oh gosh it is so weird to call someone else by your name!) 30 for 30 looks, but especially this one featuring black shorts. Hello new look for my black shorts!
 
3. Jen Loves Kev - Jen can rock both fierce and more casual looks. I love the combination of the floral top with the pleated black skirt. I may already have two black skirts, but I need that one in my life!
 
4. Transient Withdrawal - I'm not going to lie, when I first got back into looking at fashion blogs, it was Jasmine's love of bows that led to me buying five new bow headbands! Her style is always so colorful (something my wardrobe definitely lacks) and in this outfit specifically, I love the combination of green, yellow, red, and the black and white. 
 
Tomorrow, I'm hoping to do a little Target shopping with my mom. I saw these adorable lightweight rain coats last time I was there and I have to have my hands on a floral one! Luckily, my mom agrees that I could use a raincoat for the upcoming spring showers. I'll hopefully get some outfit pictures up later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment!

- Emily